Job Code : PTM/TA/1237
Looking for Tableau Admin
Should have 3 to 12 years of experience
Location: Trivandrum / Bangalore
Notice Period: Preferring Immediate Joinees
- Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administrate the BI applications. Provide a stable production environment that meets
performance needs and make adjustments as needed.
- Triage production systems in a timely manner including on-call support as needed and
- Working with data scientists, BI team and customer to plan and manage
- Lead and execute BI system implementations and upgrades, license management,
security, and future/additional product evaluations by working with data scientists,
architects and business units
- Practice Root Cause Analysis to determine the scope and scale of issue impact. Create
epics/stories and construct automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Communicate status of production issues with both the business and the Data Insights
and Analytics team in a timely manner.
- Proactively develop, coordinate, and provide on-going training, functional, and technical
direction to the super-users (content developers).
- Define and document application best practices, required standards, processes, and
guidelines regarding the use and administration of the BI tools.
- Standardize the development process for the content developers.
- Research functionality and technical configuration within the BI systems supported by
the BI Applications group and prepare recommendations for system improvements
- Maintain and monitor all BI environments including development, test, production, and
- Vendor Interaction experience
- Competencies & Experience Required/Desired
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, data science, data
analytics, interactive media, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Administration
- 3+ years of experience working as a Tableau Admin
- 4+ years of experience in health check monitoring and producing user statistics and
- 2+ of years of experience in database design, development and data modeling.
- Experience setting up a New tableau server in a clustered environment
- Experience with User and application security configuration
- Experience Troubleshooting connectivity of tableau data sources
- Identify and notify on unused workbooks and dashboards
- Experience Setting up standard backup and recovery of contents
- Experience with multiple implementation of end to end application server configurations
including knowledge on Network, Security and firewall
- Experience setting up Single Signon and Kerberos authentication
- Setting up new connectivity to new databases and installing new drivers
- Proactive monitoring of the environment
- Experience working on Agile projects and Agile methodology in general
- Troubleshoot errors through system logs
- Strong RDBMS and data modelling skills
- Ability to design and understand data processes including loading, transformations,
- Additional Skills:
- AWS/Azure cloud experience is a big plus
- Knowledge about Data Virtualization technologies like Denodo is a plus
- Experience working as an administrator on multiple data and analytics environment is a plus
(Drop your resume to email@example.com, Please make sure you include the job code in the subject of the Email when applying)