Job Code : PTM/DE/1241
Looking for Data Engineer
Should have 3 to 12 years of experience
Location: Trivandrum / Bangalore
Notice Period: Preferring Immediate Joinees
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead and deliver complete application lifecycle design, development, deployment, and support for actionable BI and Advanced Analytics solutions
- Participate on the implementation of AWS components to form a data lake (S3, Redshift/Snowflake/SQL Server, Glue, etc.)
- Mentor team members with product functionality and provides guidelines and solutions on performance tuning techniques and industry best practices.
- Participation on Agile/Scrum activities.
- Implement processes to extract, load and transform unstructured and structured data from the raw to the refined zone on the data lake.
- Understanding the existing environment and translating elements into new environment requirements and planning tasks.
- End goal is to build and maintain a data lake environment that is suitable for all kinds of analysis and reporting (self-service and operational reporting, predictive analytics, etc.)
- Competencies & Experience Required/Desired
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, data science, data
analytics, interactive media, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Data warehousing or similar analytic data experience
- 3+ years of experience creating and managing complex data architectures.
- 5+ of years of experience in database design, development and data modeling.
- 3+ years of experience in developing flows using data streaming, batch processing, and
- Experience with Amazon EMR/EC2 or Cloudera (with Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce,
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled
with a strong work ethic.
- Initiative to improve quality and make projects successful.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative teamoriented environment using sound judgement and decision making.
- Occasional hours outside normal business according to business needs.
- Additional Skills:
- Having subject matter expertise in one or more of the functional areas such as Sales,
Finance, Manufacturing, production planning, purchasing, marketing, engineering
- Experience in demonstrating the challenges and recommendation to leadership team in a
- Prior working experience with SAP HANA, SAP ERP, SAP BW environments
- Experience in visualization tools
- Experience in developing basic data science models using Python or a similar language
- Java development and API management experience is a great plus
- Experience with other data platform implementations like MySQL, NoSQL and
- Experience leading development teams and mentoring developers.
- Having AWS certification is a plus
(Drop your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please make sure you include the job code in the subject of the Email when applying)